Asking a dentist about the dental implant process, including crown placement, is the only true way to know if it is an effective replacement for your oral condition. Therefore, every patient should feel free to ask their dental professional questions about their recommended procedures or treatment options. Unfortunately, too much information is available nowadays to…
Teledentistry is Virtual Care for Important Dental Care Needs
Teledentistry is making headway as a growing number of people in the U.S. have shown interest in a more convenient way to get the treatment they need from dentists and other healthcare providers. It is becoming even more popular during the COVID-19 pandemic, as many dentists are now limiting treatments to only emergency care to protect themselves and their patients.
How teledentistry takes care of important oral care needs
Teledentistry often involves using information technology to diagnose patients and to recommend potential treatments for their issues. This can be done using video consultations, which the dentist uses to evaluate patients. Electronic prescriptions for pain medication can be provided as needed based on these virtual meetings. Patients who need follow-up care can be screened for the coronavirus during their video chat and advised when to come to the clinic.
For many people who find themselves dealing with dental issues, teledentistry provides a fast way to get needed treatments. This approach to dentistry is most effective early on before an oral problem evolves into something more severe. Information technology allows patients to connect with dentists when they need it, saving them money in the long-run.
Advantages teledentistry provides for patients include:
- Convenient assessment: Teledentistry allows patients to be evaluated from the comfort of their homes. It makes it more likely for them to get the treatment they need, especially when they have dental phobias.
- Pain relief: A person who finds themselves dealing with toothaches or other pain in the mouth can get quick relief with teledentistry. Instead of being forced to go to an emergency room when they have no access to a dentist, the person simply consults with a dentist via video chat and gets a prescription for medication that can help them manage pain while they wait to physically meet their dentist.
- Effective monitoring: Teledentistry allows dentists to monitor the progress of a patient's treatments without creating an additional hassle for the patient. For example, digital images and video can be used to monitor the movement of a patient's teeth during orthodontic treatment.
- Effective and safe: Teledentistry is now covered by many insurance providers, and it has been shown to be an effective approach to dentistry. People who opt for teledentistry over face-to-face dental visits experience similar success rates to those who go to a clinic.
- Breaks geographical barriers: Using video conferencing and other communication tools allows people who live far from the dentist to get the treatment they need. It allows patients from areas with poor dental facilities to get treatment from dentists in more developed areas.
Give teledentistry a try
Our New Rochelle clinic is currently providing teledentistry services to patients who have non-emergency dental issues. Our staff can evaluate your condition over a video chat and provide any prescriptions needed. If your oral problem requires emergency care, you will be advised to come to the clinic after being screened for COVID-19.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
It is important to see your general dentistry office twice a year for regular cleanings and checkups and to make sure you do not need any procedures like a root canal. The cleanings will not only remove plaque that is building up on your teeth which reduces tooth decay, but this will also help prevent…
CEREC® crowns are a popular dental restoration option for individuals needing to repair a tooth that is in bad shape. These types of crowns offer an array of benefits that traditional crowns cannot bring to the table. Keep reading to learn more about CEREC® dental crowns.Outlined below are a few of the benefits of CEREC…
Dental veneers are a popular form of treatment used to address injuries that occur to teeth. In the case of workplace dental injuries, veneers are a great option to go with because they are versatile and long-lasting.When it comes to injuries that occur while on the job, it is important to know that worker's compensation…