Understanding what happens during a general dentist visit allows patients to know what to expect. They are then more likely to undergo any necessary treatment that they need for good oral health. Knowing what to expect also helps those who experience dental anxiety.Wondering if a general dentist in New Rochelle can provide you with the…
Teledentistry is Virtual Care for Important Dental Care Needs
Teledentistry is making headway as a growing number of people in the U.S. have shown interest in a more convenient way to get the treatment they need from dentists and other healthcare providers. It is becoming even more popular during the COVID-19 pandemic, as many dentists are now limiting treatments to only emergency care to protect themselves and their patients.
How teledentistry takes care of important oral care needs
Teledentistry often involves using information technology to diagnose patients and to recommend potential treatments for their issues. This can be done using video consultations, which the dentist uses to evaluate patients. Electronic prescriptions for pain medication can be provided as needed based on these virtual meetings. Patients who need follow-up care can be screened for the coronavirus during their video chat and advised when to come to the clinic.
For many people who find themselves dealing with dental issues, teledentistry provides a fast way to get needed treatments. This approach to dentistry is most effective early on before an oral problem evolves into something more severe. Information technology allows patients to connect with dentists when they need it, saving them money in the long-run.
Advantages teledentistry provides for patients include:
- Convenient assessment: Teledentistry allows patients to be evaluated from the comfort of their homes. It makes it more likely for them to get the treatment they need, especially when they have dental phobias.
- Pain relief: A person who finds themselves dealing with toothaches or other pain in the mouth can get quick relief with teledentistry. Instead of being forced to go to an emergency room when they have no access to a dentist, the person simply consults with a dentist via video chat and gets a prescription for medication that can help them manage pain while they wait to physically meet their dentist.
- Effective monitoring: Teledentistry allows dentists to monitor the progress of a patient's treatments without creating an additional hassle for the patient. For example, digital images and video can be used to monitor the movement of a patient's teeth during orthodontic treatment.
- Effective and safe: Teledentistry is now covered by many insurance providers, and it has been shown to be an effective approach to dentistry. People who opt for teledentistry over face-to-face dental visits experience similar success rates to those who go to a clinic.
- Breaks geographical barriers: Using video conferencing and other communication tools allows people who live far from the dentist to get the treatment they need. It allows patients from areas with poor dental facilities to get treatment from dentists in more developed areas.
Give teledentistry a try
Our New Rochelle clinic is currently providing teledentistry services to patients who have non-emergency dental issues. Our staff can evaluate your condition over a video chat and provide any prescriptions needed. If your oral problem requires emergency care, you will be advised to come to the clinic after being screened for COVID-19.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Teeth cleanings are an important part of maintaining good oral health because they ensure the removal of plaque and tartar, both of which can lead to serious damage to the gums and teeth. Thankfully, general dentistry services include routine teeth cleanings twice a year or more frequently, depending on preference and needs.When considering a regular…
Infection control has become the top priority all over the globe as the world battles the COVID-19 pandemic. The Centers for Disease Control has established new guidelines for healthcare providers and dentists to follow as they continue to provide services for patients with the most pressing needs.The coronavirus is an airborne virus that is very…
Dentists use PPE per CDC guidance to protect themselves when performing dental procedures. Personal protective equipment, or PPE, includes gowns, gloves and masks. The CDC has general guidelines for dentists and PPE. Also, it has issued extra guidelines for dentists to follow during the COVID-19 pandemic. Following these guidelines helps dentists avoid getting sick while…